POSES

THIS BLOG CONTINUES THE WORK OF THE ORIGINAL "POSES." NAMED FOR MY FAVORITE RUFUS WAINWRIGHT SONG. AN EXTENSION OF FLIPFLOPSBOY...JUST A LITTLE MORE CEREBRAL...MORE LITERARY...CUTTING EDGE...ARTISTIC...ENJOY!

Friday, July 5, 2013

My Compliments...
















Geez, I must be obsessing about food lately!  Am I the only one who thinks that the Paula Deen deal has been blown way out of proportion?  I never really liked to watch her shows, but I do use some of her recipes.  Too much butter?  Maybe.  Racist?  I don't know.  It seems as though they may have been looking for an excuse to can her after she hid her diabetic status for two years.  That might've been the appropriate time to tell her to be on her way.  But this situation only makes racial tensions rise, in a way that is really unnecessary, in my opinion.

Having grown up in the Deep South, I have many whom I call friends...black, white, mixed.  Living in New Orleans for a while, and visiting many places in our country and beyond, I have made friends from every ethnic and religious group that I can name.  Because we should see people as people...period.  Right?  Sure there are many who are prejudiced racists, from every spectrum.  Shame on them!  

All of this, along with the recent Supreme Court decision to uphold gay marriage rights, led me to watch Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? again.  What a great film!  Made in 1967, it made me wonder if we have made much progress in the last 46 years.

Then I thought someone should do a re-make where the couple desiring to be married is gay, rather than inter-racial.  Wouldn't that be great?  I have some ideas, if any filmmakers out there want to discuss, LOL!

In the end, let's just love one another, or at least respect one another.  And forgive one another? 

1 comment:

  1. Love that fourth pic --- just a little bit suggestive! LOL

    Her recipe for zucchini bread is excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete